The Obagi Clenziderm M.D.System
The Obagi Clenziderm M.D.System. This Could Very Well Be The Answer To Most Of Your Acne Problems. This system of skincare penetrates your skin and pores to treat the source of mild to moderate acne and whilst it is extremely effective it is also easily tolerated by most skin types.
The system includes the following :
Daily Care Foaming Cleanser:
2% salicylic acid cleanser with calming menthol to leave clean, fresh feeling skin. Can be utilised on all acne-prone skin.
2% salicylic acid solution to unclog blocked pores, reduce sebum/oil and remove dead skin cells. It prepares the skin for the regimen’s next step.
Lightweight 5% soluble benzoyl peroxide (BPO) lotion delivers medication into the follicles where acne starts.
This three-part system is able to:
- Penetrate the skin to reach the bacteria within the pores of your skin
- Reduce acne breakouts in a remarkably short time, often as quickly as a week with continued improvements until 12 weeks
- Assist in minimising future breakouts.
Obagi have tested their product over many years and following a 12 week testing of the system they reported that:
- 81% of users were satisfied or very satisfied with the improvement to their acne
- 87% of users felt that the treatments were effective or very effective.
That is a very high satisfaction rate which we would be delighted to pass on to our own patients.
In addition to the three products within the kit, we would also recommend the:
- Obagi Blue Peel Radiance:
A 20% salicylic, glycolic and lactic acid solution.
- Obagi Hydrate :
To restore the skin’s moisture balance.
- acnes, which is the bacteria that causes acne, flourish deep within your pores. This means that it is very difficult to reach. CLENZIderm M.D. with its 5% benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is uniquely formulated to target acne at the source.
How To Use The Kit :
Daily Care Foaming Cleanser (2% salicylic acid)
This is a light foaming acne cleanser.
- Dispense a pea-sized amount of the cleanser and massage over your entire face using cool or tepid water.
- Rinse your skin thoroughly and gently pat it dry.
- Wait for 10 to 15 minutes, so that your skin is completely dry, before applying any other products.
- This cleanser may dry your skin. We would recommend that you start with 1 cleansing daily. You may then gradually increase this to 2 or 3 times per day if needed or as directed by Shannon Lister (RNINP) or Dr Silva.
- If dryness and/or peeling becomes excessive, we would advise that you reduce cleansing to once a day or every other day.
- Use Obagi Hydrate.
Pore Therapy (2% salicylic acid)
This is a refreshing treatment to reduce oil/sebum production.
- Shake the bottle well before using.
- After you have cleansed your face, place cotton wool over the pump and push 2 to 3 times to saturate. Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily.
- This product may dry your skin. We would recommend that you start with 1 application per day. You may then gradually increase this to 2 or 3 times per day if needed or as directed by Shannon Lister (RNINP) or Dr Silva.
- Allow the product to air-dry completely. Do not rinse.
- If dryness or peeling becomes excessive, we would advise that you reduce the number of applications to once a day or every other day.
Therapeutic Lotion (5% BPO)
This is a lightweight lotion.
- After you have cleansed and applied the Pore Therapy, cover the entire affected area with a thin layer once daily.
- This product may dry your skin. We would recommend that you start with 1 application per day, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by Shannon Lister (RNINP) or Dr Silva.
- If dryness or peeling becomes excessive we would advise that you reduce the number of applications to once a day or every other day.
- We advise that you wash your hands thoroughly after application, as this lotion can bleach hair and dyed fabrics.
- Avoid the sun where possible. Always use a sunscreen after using this lotion.
The Active Ingredients:
This is a beta hydroxy acid (hence the BHA abbreviation). It derives from aspirin and is different from alpha-hydroxy acids (like glycolic acid) as it exfoliates, unclogs pores and has antibacterial properties. It works by loosening and breaking apart the desmosomes , which are the attachments between the cells in the skin’s outer layers. This is what causes the exfoliation of the skin and the unclogging of the pores. It is able to lessen sebum secretion, which aids in the reduction of acne.
Please advise the clinic if you have an aspirin allergy.
Benzoyl peroxide is usually prepared by treating hydrogen peroxide with benzoyl chloride. It is used to treat mild to moderate acne and may be used in conjunction with other acne treatments. When applied to the skin, it works by targeting and reducing the bacteria that causes acne and causing the skin to dry and peel. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
If you would like a consultation with Shannon Lister (RNINP) or Dr Silva then please contact the clinic on 01895630604 and we will find you a convenient appointment. The Obagi Clenziderm M.D.System