COVID-19 (CoronaVirus) Policy for Perfect Image Consultants Ltd.
Current Working Policy as of 16th March 2020
- All staff to be trained in spotting the symptoms of COVID (Advise from nhs.co.uk)
Does the patient have any of the following symptoms:-
- Shortness Of Breath
- All staff to be trained in the Prevention of the spread of COVID-19. (Advice from nhs.co.uk)
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Action to be taken in the event a patient is suspected of having Covid-19.
Please return home and contact your local Gp or NHS 111. Please avoid public contact/transport.
- How to reduce exposure in the workplace.
In order to reduce the exposure to coronavirus carriers / other people please do as follows:-
- Leave a 30-minute gap between appointments, to reduce patient cross-over.
- Only one patient in the clinic at a time.
- Temperatures of the patient should be taken at the door and then, if the patient’s temperature is within the normal range, please show them to the sink to wash their hands.
- Patients must attend their appointments on their own. If you are accompanied by someone they will not be allowed into the clinic.
- Supervised Handwashing
You will be escorted to the sink in the treatment room. You will be shown the handwashing guide poster, which we advise you to follow. Your practitioner will be stood by you and advise on ways to improve your handwashing technique.
- Poster available at the clinic
- Handwashing guidelines will be provided near sinks
- Symptoms of Coronavirus displayed.
- Days of work
All treatments will take place on weekdays only. No appointments to be made on Saturday, Sunday or bank holidays
- Hours of work
All appointments to be made between 9am and 5pm. The clinic should be closed by 5pm, therefore the last appointment should be made at 4pm.
Precautions to be taken at the clinic for patients and staff
- All patients to complete questionnaire
AT THE TIME OF BOOKING
All patients to complete the Coronavirus Patient Questionnaire at the time of booking (over the telephone). If any answers match those in red then the patient will not be able to make an appointment.
If answers are within our acceptable parameters, an email will be sent to the patient after the booking has been made. This email will advise that if there are changes in their original answers then they must call us immediately and not attend the appointment. A copy of this policy will be attached to the email.
UPON PATIENT ARRIVAL AT THE CLINIC
Patients must wash their hand as per guidelines and then have their temperature taken.
The patient must then sign to agree the information previously provided remains correct and current.
- In the event, that information has changed and one or more answers are “red”, we will decline to perform any procedures and the patient asked to return home.
- In the event a patient refuses to wash their hands or have their temperature taken, we will refuse treatment.
- If there are no changes to the questionnaire, the patient may proceed to have their consultation and/or procedure.
Under the current circumstances, we will not be charging a booking fee.
Treatments to be suspended
- All surgical treatments to be suspended until further notice.
Review date 23rd March 2020 / as Government advises of changes
Policy Date 16th March 2020